Saturday, September 12, 2015

Frugal Win/Fail

Win:

1) We have been battling our insurance over dental visits that took place a year ago. They paid for one child, but not the other. We paid to avoid issues with our children being seen, and the insurance finally paid. The dentist sent us the overpayment for $159.

2) I worked one and a half shifts this week. I worked from 4 am-8 am one day to avoid paying a sitter (ugh!), and my mom babysat the other day, so no child care fees this week.

3) I baked bread once this week for a cost of $0.75.

4) I added quite a few more albums to my Amazon Prime music playlist for free.

5) I picked up a half gallon of buttermilk at Kroger than was on clearance for $1.25. I found a few recipes on Pinterest that I want to try, including Buttermilk Biscuits, Buttermilk Blueberry Cake, Buttermilk Pancakes, and Buttermilk White Bread.

6) Today I am seeing a Broadway Series show using the season tickets I bought by selling things on Ebay. My mom is babysitting the kids for free.

7) I filled my gas tank at Kroger, getting 20 cents off per gallon using fuel points. The last time I filled my gas tank was 3 weeks ago!


Fail:

1) We threw out a couple bad avocados, one bad banana, and a few peaches.

2) Pizza again last night!

No comments: