Friday, July 17, 2015

Frugal Win/Fail

Win:

1) I read The Cheapskate Next Door through the Ohio Digital Library (myeh, I wouldn't recommend it).  I also read the latest issues of OK magazine and Shape through a Nook reading app using the Ohio Digital Library.

2) I baked two loaves of bread, made my own pizza crust, and made a huge vat of Boston Baked Beans from dried navy beans.

3) I sold 3 boxes of books to Half Price Books for $32.

4) I paid $5 out of pocket for two 31-load bottles of All Free and Clear and a tube of expensive dry mouth toothpaste, thanks to multiple coupons and Extra Care Bucks at CVS. Original cost $24.

5) I was sorely tempted by the smell of McAllister's Deli next to Half Price books, but I did not give in!

6) I picked up one work shift this week.

7) I used my Kroger Fuel Points to get $0.50 off per gallon.

8) I only drove twice this week- to a local sprinkler park and today for gymnastics and grocery shopping.

9) The kids ran through the sprinkler and we visited a local park for entertainment this week.

10) I packed no work lunches for my husband, but for a month his work will be feeding him 3 times a week while they work some overtime, so that is a win! I'm a little jealous...

11) Prime Day was pretty much a bust, but I did pick up a 9 pack of 80-count Amazon Baby Wipes for $6.80 shipped. That's 2 cents per wipe, which is my stock-up price.

12) I bought a Wahl Color Pro Haircutting Kit on Amazon for $20 (50% off). I cut my son's hair at home today. It paid for itself with one haircut, as we usually spend about $20 for cut and tip at Big League Haircuts. It looks like it's still that price today.

13) I made cold-brewed iced tea in a mason jar for me to drink this week.

Fail:

1) My friend's daughters babysat for us Tuesday and stayed overnight. We ended up getting wings for dinner and ice cream for dessert. Cost: $50. I won't lie, we all had a yummy dinner and they got to try Dairy Queen for the first time.


Win/Fail:

1) The new sitter came and worked half a day as a trial. Cost: $40. I did get to work out on the treadmill and clean out my office, and it looks like we have a new sitter I will be happy with, so I can't call it a fail.

No comments: