|Stock Image from Picjumbo|
Wins for the week:
1) Did not eat out the entire week. Thursday was extremely busy and tired, and I have been sick all week. We thought of eating out, but I spent 15 minutes thinking it over while I perused a couple frugal Facebook forums I belong to. That was enough for a cure, and I pulled some of that grass-fed ground beef I had gotten super cheap at Fresh Thyme for $3.99 out of the freezer, a 50 cent box of pasta, some frozen peppers and onions, and half a $0.99 jar of pasta sauce, and whipped up spaghetti with meat sauce in 30 minutes for a meal price of about $5 . Big win!
2) I got my delivery of 2 meals for free from my Blue Apron trial Friday and will have two meals to whip up this week, courtesy a code from my friend Martha.
3) I scored an awesome Target deal for Downy, buying four 150-load bottles for $11.42 out of pocket and getting $10 in gift cards back. I used my Red Card, a couple coupons, and a $25 gift card I got from a diaper deal a couple weeks ago. Now I am trying to plan how I will use that $10 card.
4) I played a game in my work's Vitality Wellness Program and won a $5 Starbucks gift card. This is the third month in a row I won.
5) I downloaded a coupon for a free Kraft BBQ Sauce for Kroger's Free Friday download.
6) I downloaded a free Urban Fantasy book, Darkness Brutal, through the Kindle First program ( a free book each month for Prime members.)
7) Used only free entertainment this week: Netflix, Prime, PBS on the Roku, running through the sprinklers, riding bikes.
8) I baked my own bread again, costing me $0.75 a loaf.
9) I filled out a Kroger survey to get 50 bonus fuel points. (Do this 4 times a month, and it will mean an extra 20 cents off per gallon.)
10) Bought two 6-packs of Yuengling beer, and submitted for a $2 rebate. (There was a peelie at target.)
11) My son's school had an end of school picnic, and I went with both girls. I paid $3.95 for him to enjoy the buffet, but brought food in a picnic basket for myself and the girls. This saved us $12. We barely ate after all, as we were too busy playing. It would have been a huge waste.
1) Threw out a bunch of almost blackened bananas (We hate banana bread).
1) Subscribed for Thurs/Sunday newspaper delivery for $14.99/month. I am missing multiple coupon inserts by not having it delivered (P & G does not show up at the store any more) and because we can't always get out on Sundays. I typically buy two newspapers a week, for $16, so it will technically save us $1 a month.
2) Signed my daughter up for dance starting in August. This will be $48/month and will require uniform and recital fees. She really wants it though, and it's physical activity. I can't feel bad about spending on an experience.