Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Food Blog Lovin'- Quinoa Enchilada Casserole from Damn Delicious



My sister-in-law has stayed with us a couple of times this year, and bought some quinoa for herself to use. It has been sitting in the back on the cabinet for months, and I wanted to try and do something with it.

We usually get rice, as it is cheaper to buy in bulk at Sam's and store in bulk storage containers with gamma lids.  We use this same method for sugar, bread flour, and all purpose flour. Other than that Blue Apron meal last week, we have never really had quinoa on the menu.

I decided to try this Quinoa Enchilada Casserole from Damn Delicious. It was something I had pinned on Pinterest, and I had most of the ingredients already. We didn't have tomato or avocado, so we left that off. I just needed to pick up a can of store brand enchilada sauce from Kroger.

I made beans from dried in the slow cooker the night before making this, and I used the prepared enchilada sauce. It was very easy to throw together.

I liked this, but the kids thought it was too spicy. I have been happily eating the leftovers for lunch, but if I made this again, I would probably add more toppings, like sour cream, tomato, and maybe guac.

No comments: