Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Food Blog Lovin'- Caramel Apple Beer Bread from the Beeroness



I have pinned quite a few recipes from The Beeroness, with plans to try a few of her beer-infused recipes. Unlike my husband, I am not a lover of drinking beer, but I do love using beer or wine in cooking and baking. We have made plain beer bread for years, but this Caramel Apple Beer Bread sounded like a nice twist on the original. It mixed up quickly in just a few minutes. The caramel took the longest, and that took only 5 minutes. The only ingredient change I made was to nix the walnuts, as we have nut allergies in the house.

I ended up pouring the caramel mixture onto the bread after baking as a commenter had suggested, and it stayed pretty moist, so I will probably try baking it into the bread next time. We were hoping for a toffee-like crunch. All five of us gave it a thumbs-up, and my husband ate half the loaf in one sitting. We will definitely make it again!

No comments: