Saturday, May 30, 2015

Shopping Trips 5/30

Last week we spent $85 at Dorothy Lane (family in town) and about $50 at Kroger. This week I wanted to keep it as low as possible. I was lucky enough to get a $5 off $30 coupon in my email for Fresh Thyme and I won a $20 Kroger gift card at work.

This week, I spent $35.12 at Kroger and used my gift card, for an out of pocket of $15.12.

I spent $10.98 at Dorothy Lane for Hartzler Dairy milk in the glass bottles. When I return the bottles, I will get $3 back.

I also went to Fresh Thyme and bought fruits and veg for $30.35 after the coupon. We also stopped at the local farmer's market, which just started last week, and I bought tomatoes and green peppers for $6.

My out of pocket was $62.45. Pretty good for feeding 5 people! That is about $1.78 per person per day.

This week we are eating a lot of fresh fruit and veg, homemade pizza, homemade refried beans from the freezer, lentils and rice, and eggs. I am still working through the last couple dozen free farm eggs a friend gave us.

No comments: