Sunday, May 17, 2015

Shopping Trips 5/16


Amazon:
Graduation gift: Used gift card and Discover cashback bonus to buy 3 books for $1.34 out of pocket

Subscribe and Save order: $67.14 for a 4-pack of Bob's Red Mill popcorn, 2 32-oz Organic Maple Syrup, and a giant box of Pampers baby wipes (2 cents per wipe). We have been eating so much popcorn that we found a cheap popcorn popper and are opting for home air-popped. In the long run, it's cheaper than microwaved.

Fresh Thyme:
$33.23 for as assortment of fruit and veg. I used a $5 off $30 coupon I got in my email.

Kroger:
$87.25. It was coffee stock-up month for my husband (he supplies himself at home and work), so I spent $18 extra today on coffee. Yikes!

Total in groceries was $177.48 (including the food portion of Amazon order).

It was my lucky day yesterday, though, and I won a $20 Kroger gift card in a work raffle, so that will hopefully be coming in the mail. Going to keep next week at $100.


I also used an Old Navy gift card and Old Navy sale to pick up 6 pairs of shorts, 2 T-shirts, and a larger sized hoodie for my son for $67. I can't find slim shorts used- in fact, I can barely find them new! I wasn't able to find any jean shorts in slim, so we settled for cargo ones. Thankfully, other than gifts for our niece, and barring any feet that grow faster than expected, we are done clothes shopping for the kids this year.

1 comment:

JEN said...

I think you have to keep it in perspective. $18 for coffee is cheap! Many people are spending $4 a day on "gourmet" coffee.