Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Menu Plan Monday





Surgery is done and I am starting to cook again!

Monday: Bacon Wrapped Chicken, Fruit

Tuesday:Homemade Chicken Pot Pie made with rotisserie chicken

Wednesday: Boston Baked Beans in slow cooker, Cantaloupe, Carrots

Thursday: Leftover Beans

Friday: hunt and peck- friend may bring meal

Saturday: Beef and Bean Chimichangas, Guac, watermelon

Treats: Banana Bread made by Grandma, and Cousin Alicia's Vegan Snacks, recipe below:

Put about 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor and chop them up pretty fine.  Add to it 8 - 10 pitted medjool dates, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, about 3 tbsp cocoa powder, and a pinch of sea salt.  Process it until it balls up.  Then form little balls and you can roll these in coconut if you want!

Hundreds more menu plans here!

2 comments:

JEN said...

Going to do the chimichangas this weekend. Are you still doing GF? I was going to use corn tortillas.

MrsSpock said...

I am back on wheat since right before my surgery. I'd like to go back on gluten, see how I feel without the gallbladder, then go off again and see if there is a difference. I do already feel much better since the surgery. No constant nausea, vomiting, and other GI symptoms.