Sunday, July 29, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

 Long time no post! Our camera broke a few weeks ago, and we decided to finally upgrade our 6 year old phones to android phones. Love them! I just need to figure out how to upload photos, and I'll be set!

I've also been very sick the past 2 months. I finally found out my gallbladder is rotten and it will be coming out in 3 weeks. I've been on a very limited diet because of the pain, but am starting to cook a bit here and there.

The better news is that I won a Wholly Guacamole Prize Pack from Dragondreamer's Lair! I have to be careful about how much of it I eat, due to how the fat content affects my gallbladder, but I am enjoying the new salsa and my 17 month old daughter loves the guac!


Sunday: Big Vat of Beef Vegetable Soup in the slow cooker

Monday: Leftover soup!

Tuesday: Agave Lime Chicken

Wednesday: Falafel with Cucumber Sauce

 Thursday:  Beef and Bean Chimichangas, Salad

Friday: Quinoa Pasta with Tomatoes, Sauteed Onion and Zucchini, and Fresh Basil

Saturday: Date night?

Breakfasts: Overnight Oatmeal (my favorite combo now is 1/3 c. oats, 1/3 c. unsweetened plain almond milk, 1/2 TB chia seeds, 1/2 sliced banana a couple drops a vanilla stevia, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. The next morning, I add a scoop of peanut butter and some fresh blueberries) or Fruit and Spinach Smoothies

Lunches: Blackberry Smoothie or Veggie Smoothie. Snack of nuts and fruit, or a few squares of sharp cheddar.



No comments: