Saturday, June 23, 2012

Food Experimentations


Chocolate Pudding, from The Unrefined Kitchen. My son loved it. Next time I will add the arrowroot in dribs and drabs, and mix well before adding more, as it congealed quickly.  I like my dairy- I know- shoot me. I will make some with cow's milk for myself next time, as I was not keen on the nutty flavor, though it had a good deep chocolate tone to it.


Slow Cooker Beef Bone Broth, from Nom Nom Paleo. I know, it looks gross, but I yielded another freezer stockpile of rich and non-creepy broth. OK, unless you find meat creepy. Then you might want to look away.


Chocolate Cake Batter Overnight Oats from Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth. I've been seeing a lot of overnight oat recipes in food blogs lately. My oats are gluten free, and they don't appear to cause me the same issues that wheat does. I loved this, and have been eating it every morning since trying it. If you want to try chia seeds but are wigged out about it, try it in this. The chocolate hides them, and you have no idea you are eating them.


Pork with Plum- OK, we used Peaches- Sauce, from the Gluten Free Girl and the Chef. Yum! Savory heaven! We've been eating this once a week since trying it.

No pictures of the Paleo Bread. It was -myeh. Easy to make, and I had about a 3 inch rise. It had a strong coconut flavor. I don't really like coconut much. My husband didn't care for it, my toddler pushed it away, but my son ate it. If you like coconut, you will probably like the bread. I'm thinking of making it with olive oil instead of coconut oil.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!