Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekly Shopping Trips

I've been dealing with autoimmune issues for several years, and am starting to get a bit desperate. With that in mind, I've decided to cut out wheat for a month to see if there is any discernible improvement in my joint pain and neuromuscular symptoms. With that in mind, I have quite a few gluten-free recipes picked from several blogs that I will start trying this week.


I spent $98 at the specialty store buying organic produce, local eggs, pork, beef, and chicken, and organic milk.


$45 at the health food store sticking up on chia seeds (going to add to my morning green monster or fruit and spinach smoothies), agave nectar, and non-wheat flours. I plan on making this Paleo Bread.


Of course, some bulk dates for husband to top on my homemade granola.

And these are organic basil, rosemary, parley, and mint to plant in the indoor kitchen herb garden I am working on.

2 comments:

JEN said...

Gluten free has been amazing for me! I hope you feel a difference.

Sorry you've been poorly.

Jennifer Godale said...

Would love an update on how the bread turned out. Avery is yeast free now and I have had a hard time finding bread recipes. Most quick breads are so heavy that they do not make good toast, or french toast, or those kinds of things... which Avery misses a lot.