Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shopping Trips


This week's Kroger trip: $74.71 in food. $8 of that was for juice boxes for birthday party attendees. I otherwise never buy them. (Also spent $15 in plastic cups, paper treat bags, baby wipes, and a birthday gift for my son's birthday next weekend.) I got two 40-count Comforts Wipes for $0.40 each with coupons.

My main frugal food strategy is cooking from scratch and using vegetarian meals several times a week.

CVS trip for this week: Paid $1.35 out of pocket, used $8 in ECBs, and got $5.75 in ECBs back.

Planning on going back to get 8 Aquafresh for Kids toothpastes. It will cost $7.54 out of pocket with coupons. I will use my $5.75 in ECBs, and actually pay  $1.69 out of pocket and get $5 ECBs back. I will have to stretch this transaction between 2-3 different stores, so I am not cleaning out the shelves.


These peppers were a gift from Mom. She found them marked down at Meijer today. She got 12 peppers and spent $6. We are making a double batch of Roasted Red Pepper Pasts tomorrow night and the rest of the peppers will be frozen for later use.

CVS trip from last week: Blink tears and 2 Colgate Max toothpastes: Paid $6.96 out of pocket, used $8.99 in ECBs, got $8 in ECBs back.

Walgreens trip: Paid $6 out of pocket for U by Kotex tampons, got $6 back in Register Rewards. Got Youth Code Gel Facial Wash for 25% off.

Walmart: I was able to score three FREE Reach dental flosses. I have 17 coupons left, and will be hitting both Target and Walmart, as they regularly have Reach for $0.99, making them free with $1 coupons.

No comments: