Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Organized Home: Project #1

I've been working on clearing out the clutter, and finding a home for everything in our house the past month or so. I've decided to see what I have, what I need, and am using the FlyLady's method of the 27-Fling Boogie; grabbing a box, and throwing 27 things in that box once a week to go to Goodwill. I've been hitting the kitchen hard this month.

I decided to start with a simple refrigerator redo.

This is the before picture- cluttered mess!

 I had bookmarked this school paper organization project at Transforming Home some time back. It was quite easy. I went to Office Max and bought exactly the same things she used. The only exception is the color of the files. Mine match my cranberry and white kitchen. I have a file for each family member, including the two adults.


I decided to purchase a vinyl chalkboard sticker to go on the left side of our fridge. I bought it in the ChalkAllAboutIt Etsy shop.  I have a chalkboard pen to use on it. It wipes off with a damp cloth easily. My husband agrees it helps to see at a glance, as we're going out the door, what chores, appointments, and classes we have, and what we are having for dinner.


1 comment: