Sunday, September 18, 2011

Shopping Trip


Our ancient Wrap-N-Mats have been starting to wear down after almost 6 years of being used several times a week and thrown into the washer once a week. One of them bit the dust recently. It's amazing, though, when you think of it, that those Wrap-n-Mats I bought before our wedding have been used at least 4 days a week, 50 weeks out of the year, for 5.5 years, and have saved at least 1100 single-use plastic bags!

I found a couple different deals on Mamapedia for half price on reusable lunchware, and picked up 5 cloth snack and sandwich bags, 2 new Wrap-N-Mats, and 6 stainless steel lunch-sized bowls to replace the plastic ones as they wear out.

This week's Kroger trip: $52. They had a Mega-Sale this week, and I got 2 Prego sauces for $0.74 and 8 Fat Free Carnation Evaporated Milks for $0.27 each. I will be making this Pear Oven Pancake for my husband and myself using those evaporated milks (the boy gets his beloved peanut butter sandwich instead). I used this post to make those match-ups. I was so bummed that my husband's soy milk was in the sale, and planned on getting 10 at $1.49 each, but they only had the original flavor that he despises. $10 of what I spent was for fancy cheese for a coworker's bon voyage party, as she will be telecommuting from home after this week.

No comments: