Sunday, August 7, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


Monday: Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Marinated Chickpeas, Feta, and Herbs

Tuesday: Caprese Panini on Homemade Rosemary Focaccia

Wednesday: Lentil Burritos with Onion, Summer Squash, and Bell Peppers

Thursday: Mushroom, White Bean, and Tomato Stew over Quinoa, fresh greens if the CSA Box comes with them

Friday: 7-Grain Pancakes, Turkey Sausage, and Fresh Melon

Saturday: Falafel with Cucumbers and Tomatoes, Corn on the Cob

Sunday: hunt and peck

Day Care Treat: Chocolate Cake made with Pureed Beetroots (I cooked the fresh beets in the microwave and will decrease the sugar to 2/3 cup and use egg whites and applesauce), Baked Apples (I decrease the sugar to 1/4 cup)

My Work Lunches/Breakfasts: My Own Homemade Granola and Homemade Yogurt with Honey, Fresh Nectarines, Gingerbread a la The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook (I have lots of homemade dairy yogurt to use up, so snack for me alone!), Hummus (pairing with box of free Kashi Pita Crackers), fresh watermelon, fresh carrots

Hundreds more menu plans here!

2 comments:

JEN said...

A friend gave me her csa farm share last week and was wondering what to do with the beets. Excited!,

Searching said...

WHy does your food always sound so good & I live too far away to come for snacks???