Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weekly Shopping Trip


Kroger trip: $41 for food. I plan on making simple bean wraps and quick bean-based dishes for lunches to work this week, eating leftover rice and beans, and using up what we have in stock for regular dinners, with some additional veggies bought to round things out. I spent $10 mid-week this week, so it brings my total to $51 for the week.

Kroger has a great deal on Pampers this week. They are on sale for $8.99 a pack, and you get $5 off your next purchase of Pampers if you buy at least $25 worth. I had two $3 off coupons to combine with this. Total out of pocket was $21, and I hope to combine another coupon with this catalina to try and get another pack for free. Once we got past the first few newborn and post-surgery weeks, we started using the same cloth diapers we used for our son. These disposables are for my niece, due this summer.

Next trip was Babies R Us. Gerber two-packs of Organic Baby Food (usually $1.79 each) were on sale for 8 for $10. I plan on making baby food myself mostly, but like having a few backups just in case.

3 comments:

GingerGirl said...

Always smart to buy ahead on the diapers. I bought assorted sizes, a package a week every week from the time I found out I was pregnant until the baby came--partly to get stocked up and partly to get use to the added expense. I didn't have to actually buy diapers the first six months when each of mine were born, and no midnight store-runs after realizing we had run out.

JEN said...

nice haul!

Martha (MM) said...

Excellent as always!! :-)