Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Quinoa with Brussels and Leeks


I stumbled upon this recipe for Quinoa with Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Slivered Almonds, and Leeks at the Gluten-Free Goddess. We've had a bag of quinoa in our pantry left by my SIL, and when I saw this recipe for brussels sprouts (because we do love them!), we had to try it.

I've been trying a lot of different veggies lately, and have found that it's so easy to chop them, throw them on a cookie sheet with some herbs, and let the roasting process give loads of flavor. The quinoa was easy to cook on the stovetop and didn't taste strange at all. I didn't have almonds, and I used regular raisins and balsamic vinegar.


The finished product does look pretty green, kind of like the color of my grandmother's wallpaper, but the taste is fantastic! We will definitely make this again.

1 comment:

Martha (MM) said...

Sounds delicious - brussels sprouts are one of my favorite veggies!