Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekly Kroger Trip and Menu Plan Monday



Spent only $64 this week for the three of us, the vast majority being fresh organic produce. I did have a $3 off Kashi cereal coupon from a free sample box I recently got in the mail, and since it was on sale for $3 at Kroger until today, I got it for free!

My frugal strategy this week is cooking fresh meals from scratch, the majority being meatless and from the new cookbook I got for Christmas, The Veganomicon. I baked our own bread last week, and will do so again this week, as well as making blueberry muffins for my son's day care snacks.

Sunday: sent home with loads of roast beef from my uncle, so leftovers with broccoli for a side

Monday: Black Bean Burgers from The Veganomicon, prepared the night before and cooked today, home fries

Tuesday: Pear and Belgian Endive Salads from The Veganomicon

Wednesday: Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes and Onions, spread on Wheat Toast with Avocado

Thursday: French Lentil Salad (similar to this)

Friday: Homemade Focaccia and Roasted Veggie Sandwiches (I'm using onion, eggplant, tomato, and bell peppers)

Saturday: girls night out

Sunday: Roasted Portobello Salad from the Veganomicon

snacks: fruit smoothies, Blueberry Muffins

Hundreds more menu plans here!

No comments: