Sunday, January 9, 2011

CVS Trip



Opted not to do Walgreens today, as my stockpile has plenty of toothpaste, toothbrushes, and floss. I was at CVS when it opened at 10 AM this morning, and was bummed that they only had 3 Finish boxes left. Yes, I got those three, and then drove 15 minutes to another CVS, where I was happy to see they were fully stocked for all of us crazy couponers. The Snickers Bar, one of the Cokes, and Finish tabs were all free. I used 7 ECBs, and paid about $12 out of pocket. I got $10.89 in ECBs back, so a total of about $1.20 out of pocket for all of this. I gave 4 coupons for Finish tabs to my mom yesterday, and she called to say the first store she went to- at 11am- was sold out, but the manager gave her a rain check. She then went to a second store and was able to get three. Yes, as long as you use your CVS card to track your purchases, you can make multiple trips throughout the week to rack up the $20 in purchases you need to get $10 in ECBs back for this deal. She is asking around for 3 more coupons, and plans to go back later this week to get four more with the rain check. Yes, they are all coming to my house. Our daughter will be on formula, and we will likely be running the dishwasher one to two times a day. I love that I won't have to worry about buying dishwasher detergent for essentially a year!

I also headed to Walmart today to use a gift card. I am not really a big fan of shopping there- but free is free. I picked up some curtains for our daughter's room.

3 comments:

Martha (MM) said...

Excellent job as always Jen. I really need to do better with that kind of stuff. I can't tell you how many times I've found expired ECB's in the bottom of my purse - I hate when that happens!

Nearlydawn said...

Wow, seems like I NEVER use those things - they are always getting forgotten or they end up in with my receipts or something. Way to go!

MrsSpock said...

Since I started doing cash-only, I just pop the ECBs into the drugstore envelope with my change. I just pull them out at my next trip.