Saturday, October 30, 2010

Shopping Trips and Dinner Experimentations


Today's Kroger trip. Didn't need a lot as we are very well stocked right now. Total was $54.14. The General Mills deal was awesome, as I could get each box of cereal for as low as $0.49 each. Mine were $0.49 for 2 and $1.49 for the other two, making them all about $1 each. My fault, as I'm shopping on one of the last days of the sale, and they were out of stock on Cinnamon Toast Crunch, the ones I had 2 more coupons for. Still pretty good considering the soy and almond milks were almost 35% of that trip.

Meijer from last week. Ronzoni whole wheat pasta for free, Smart Taste for $0.49 each, clearance wheat germ for $1, free olive oil, broth cartons for $1 each, Jell-o for $0.49 each, and pasta and pesto sauce for $0.87 each. I have tons of pasta still, but the price was right!


A roasted red pepper and chickpea pasta. It was delicious and easy! Even The Boy ate it.


Baked potato soup in the slow cooker. Soooo easy. I used only 5 potatoes, not 5 lbs, and added 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese in the last 30 minutes. Scrumptious! I am making it again next weekend.

Knock-off Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I whipped them up in 10 minutes with the toddler's help, and we ate every last one!


Our Halloween offering- bags of chips. The dairy-free ones the toddler gets to eat, and they are very popular in our neighborhood. 80 of them for $21 at Sam's Club.

Dairy-free Snickerdoodles for the toddler's day-care party. I used butter-flavor Crisco and vegan margarine from the health food store. Still buttery and delicious!