Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mission Impossible, Weeks 2 & 3

If you are following my Frugal Fridays With Jen posts at The Motivation Station, you know that I am in the midst of a 5 week challenge to keep my weekly grocery budget $40 or less.

Last week was not a great week- I made a mistake when it came to my local Kroger's Buy Ten Participating Items get $ Off deal- and ended up paying $15 more than I expected, bringing my total to $60. You can read about my mishap here. Not a bad amount, but also not within my goal by a long shot.

My goal was to get back on track this week, and I have been successful with that. My total Kroger plus health food store trips were about $40 exactly! I was helped along by my mother, who brought fresh garden tomatoes and peppers to round out my produce- got to love free stuff!

My list for this week:
4 Silk Almond Milks (used coupons)
4 Soy Dream soy milks
Organic bananas
Organic raspberries
1% milk, half gallon
3-lb bag potatoes
one loaf of wheat bread
Store brand grated parmesan cheese
1 dozen medium eggs
store-brand bagels
store-brand cottage cheese
apples
From the health food store:
organic dehydrated peas
dairy-free margarine
Silk Vanilla Soy Yogurt


Some more good deals I used this week:

5 24-pack Crayola Crayons for $1.30 total at Kroger today

A 82-pack case of Pampers for $6 (I used a $5 ECB I had, plus a $1.50 coupon, and got $10 ECBs back) plus a FREE 18-ct Kotex at CVS today

Some more good deals elsewhere this week:

75 Shutterfly prints for the cost of shipping

High value Kashi Bar coupons at coupons.com. Use them at Target to get three boxes for $1.40 each. Also, at Target, Aquafresh for Kids for $0.12, Bagel Bites for $0.24, and FREE Crystal Lite and Chef Boyardee.

Gillette Fusion Proglide for $0.89, FREE Pilot Easytouch Pens, and make $6 buying Zegerid OTC at Walgreens

At Meijer, 12 Weight Watchers Entrees for $1.08 each if you have the $5 off 10 coupon. (Use $5 off 10 coupon, plus get a free meal when you buy 5), Aunt Millie's Buns for $0.29, FREE Dole salad, FREE Coffeemate, FREE Land 'O Lakes Butter, FREE Angel Soft Toilet paper, FREE Colgate Toothpaste

General Mills Cereals for as low as $0.50 at Kmart

Pampers as much as 50% off on amazon.com

Free backpacks at Staples after rebate

1 comment:

Martha (MM) said...

You are the coupon queen! You have been doing a nice job on the challenge especially considering the organic produce and the special milks you have to buy, they sure don't come cheap!