Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pasta with Bacon, Pierogies, and Fruits of Good Labor


My "shelter box", now full. I do so enjoy the thrill of the hunt when it comes to coupons and deals, and will say that everything you see here was less than $20 total. The huge Olay Quench in the corner was free with a rebate, and most of these toiletries were free or less than $1. These will be going to our local St Vincent de Paul homeless shelter.


Finds from a recent shopping trip. All less than $20.


A new favorite in the house, Pasta with Bacon and Tomato. There are some deals coming up for both Philly Cream Cheese and Oscar Meyer Bacon, and I have several boxes of pasta to use up, so this will be made weekly in April, most likely.


Mr S is Polish, and loves pierogies with an undying passion. The real deal is quite time-consuming to make, but Mrs T's brand has been on sale recently, and I stocked up. Mr S makes these with red onion, peas, red wine, and balsamic vinegar. Very yummy, though our house will reek of onions!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Everything looks great. I really must start doing better about coupons, rebates, etc. I shop and stock up on sales but never get around to coupons.